Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Good evening, America. This your President, George W. Bush here. Given the recent events surroundin' the release of the mutie cure and how riled up everyone got, I have decided to issue an executive order calling for the immediate suspension of the cure program. Why? Because I'm the Decider and that's what I do. So as of right now the cure will no longer be available. It's all going to be gathered up and stored some place safe. That's it. That's all I had to say. You can turn the cameras off now."

I clicked off the TV. You could feel the mood in the room brighten. Even Storm had a smile on her face.

"Hey Cyke, has there been any news about Jean and Gaia yet?" Rogue asked.

"No, they're still MIA," I said. "The last anybody saw, Jean was flying into Gaia's trap and they both disappeared. But at least we know where Bobby and Hank are."

"Yeah, Disneyland," Elixir said. "I am sooo jealous!"

"Kitty's taken the X-Jet to go pick them up. Hopefully they won't give her too much trouble about -" The vibrating of my belt buckle distracted me. I detached the communicator.

"Cyclops here," I said.

"Yeah, just thought you should know our green skinned alien guest is finally waking up."

Sigh. "Warren, follow the protocol," I told him.

"What?"

"The protocol. You're suppose to say 'Angel here'."

"But you know who it is."

"You've got to follow the protocol!"

"Whatever." Then the line went dead. Damn it.

I rushed down to the med lab to give Warren a piece of my mind. If you let them get away with anything, they'll walk all over you.

The door to the lab swooshed open. "Look Warren, this isn't Vietnam you know. There are rules here!"

"Alright Lebowski. Simmer down. People are watching."

Warren pointed to the green skinned man with the pointy head. He turned towards me and smiled. Warren said, "He was a little feverish and was mumbling some delusional stuff in his sleep, but he's alright now. I explained that his companions disappeared at Magneto's lair and that he's here at the school in New York. I also told him that you're out leader." Warren was snickering for some reason.

"Hello," the green skinned man said. "I am J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

If his weakness is fire, then why does he dress like that? I tell you, I have an aversion to fire myself but you don't see me running around into battle wearing only suspenders!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh, and since this is the Summer of Compliments, let me just say to you Professor that I am glad I found your blog. Your writings here are splendid, though your secondary characters sure do have their issues.

12:24 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Jon, hte President's weakness isn't fire nad he doesn't run around in suspenders. I wish you in the libral media would stop makeing up stories about the president like that. Next you'll be saying thing like he doesn't have command of English.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Having a Martian Manhunter around will cause trouble, I'm sure.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

Oh man, Cassandra Nova?! I think I might be going to Disneyland too. Storm, it's all yours.

6:13 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Hi professor; did you miss me?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Always. I hope you come to the victory party at the mansion tonight.

5:55 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

A party? I always love a party. What should i wear?

8:43 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Do you have any yellow and blue spandex?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Chris Arndt said...

The cure is gone?! What about all those mutants with socially-crippling, otherwise-useless "powers"?

those poor muties... I guess they're what sentinels are for.

1:28 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

yellow & blue spandex! How horrifying.

what kinda kinky party is this, anyway?

not that i mind. ;]

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters