Friday, July 07, 2006

"Martian Manhunter? Why do you call yourself that?" I asked.

"Well, I'm from Mars for one thing."

"You mean Mars, Arizona?" Angel started rolling his eyes for some reason. I shot him a nasty look.

"No, the planet Mars. You know, next one out from the Earth."

I looked at the tall green man for a moment. Obviously he was still delusional.

"Can I ask you something?" Sage said to the Manhunter. He nodded. "If your weakness is fire, then why do you wear a costume that is just suspenders? You leave quite a lot of your skin exposed."

The Manhunter looked at Sage like she was from Mars. "I spend three hours a day in the Watchtower gym lifting weights to get my body this buff. Do you really think I'm going to cover it up? How would anyone know how great my build is?"

Sage looked over at Angel and he just shrugged. I was about to say something, I'm not quite sure what, when the alarm sounded that the X-Jet was landing in the hanger. I went to check it out.

Iceman, Beast and Shadowcat were just disembarking as I walked up. "So, did you slackers have a good time at Disneyland?"

"Oh dude, it was terrible," Iceman said. "There lines a mile long. Poor Hank was getting swamped for autographs everywhere we went. We only managed to get on Space Mountain like 3 times."

"Yeah, that's terrible," I said in my most sarcastic voice. I was about to chide them for going off to an amusement park during a major battle when I heard the front door bell ring. I'd have to save the leadership thing for later.

On my way up to the front door I bumped into Nightcrawler. "Zay Cyclops, did you book zee singing act for zee party tonight?"

"Why yes I did, Kurt. One of the hottest talents around."

"Zen I zink zee agency sent you zee wrong guy. Zee guy here iz a total lozer."

"They didn't send Justin Guarini?" I asked.

"Oh. You mean zis guy you booked on purpose? No, zhen zhey zent ze right guy."

Nightcrawler walked off shaking his head. What's wrong with these people?

I met Mr. Guarini at the door and showed him into the ballroom. Colossus, Gambit and Jubilee were already setting out the food there. Checking the kitchen I found Elixir and Dust mixing the punch.

Oh yeah, this is going to be a great party.

10 Comments:

Blogger Private Hudson said...

Dudes, I am there.

Game over.

11:28 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Me too!! Let's liven up this party. Where is thaT sexy Professor? I've going to drag him into a empty room & be back in a minute...real life calls.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Bulma said...

Are me and Vegeta invited?

12:38 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

O.K. back again, ya know when reality calls ya gotta go.

Where was I? Oh, dragging the professor, no, cohersing(?) the professor into an empty room.
God, he smells good, like expensive cologne & the suit is sorta rough against my...Ah f**k someone is banging on the door, again!!!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

I really hope you mean the party Bulma and not the professor thing.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Hide Nightcrawler hide! Hudson's comin' back!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Nightcrawler uses up a lot of z's in his speech!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Iceman said...

SScott why are yopu yelling t us for going to Disney land? it wasn't by choice . Go Yell youe girlishly at Koma

11:37 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

well, I had fun! How about the rest of you?

12:04 PM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

I am kind of from Arizona too. And Mars the planet. So Angel is kind of right. And I am so not delusional!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters