Friday, May 05, 2006

Maggie was back safe and sound and we returned the Sapphire of Radiance to the Shi'Ar Empire. All charges against me were dropped. Don't you just love a happy ending?

With the Solar Wind at our backs, we made it home to Earth in record time. The Kree drop ship took us down towards the school in Westchester.

"Professor, we're getting some tremendous energy readings from the school property," the Kree pilot announced. "It's reaching critical mass! The explosion will destroy everything in a hundred kilometer radius! We have to return to orbit!"

I tried to scan the area telepathically but the strange energies were interfering with my power. Maggie gripped my arm. Scott started crying.

"Wait a minute ," the pilot said. "The energies . . they've suddenly dissipated. We should probably return to our ship until we can assess . ."

"No! Take us down right away!" I ordered.

Once the ship landed, we hurried out to the front lawn. Cable and Gabriel were both lying on the grass, snoring faintly. Smoke was rising from the bodies. Gaia and her pet talking fox, Fred stood next to the them. Next to her stood . . Cassandra Nova?!

"Professor! I'm so glad you're back!" Gaia said, running over to us.

Before I could ask what had happened here, Wolverine had already popped his claws and was leaping towards Nova. Just as he was about to sink his adamantium blades deep into her chest, Gaia used her reality altering powers to catch him in mid-leap and raise him into the air.

"Whoever got me better let go!!" Logan bellowed.

"You don't understand!" Gaia said anxiously. "Cassandra just saved us all."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. I glanced over at my "sister" and she stared back with a rather evil sneer on her lips.

"It's true," continued Gaia. "Cable and Gabriel were about to kill each other and take all of us with them, but she managed to stop them. We'd be dead right now if she hadn't save us."

I looked again at my evil twin and I would swear she was gloating.

5 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

I am glad we are meeting at Hacknor

this could be a good thing :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

There's nothing like a good gloat.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a represenitive Of Landu Luckman and Lake. we hear That or Client mr Logan owes you 50 thousand dollars. Here is a refund , and alittle extra foe your trouble

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jardena said...

here, you all need this when dealing with her*hands Xavier a paper bag*

2:43 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

The plot thickens Dun! Dun ! Dun! I'm drunk on the LGS mini bar so I;m feeling a little funny.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters