Wednesday, May 03, 2006

As I hoped, we made it to the Kree ship without incident. I had figured that since Chancellor Palpatine would not want to bring any attention to himself, he wouldn't risk having us intercepted. I sent my thanks to Lt. Commander Oneida for her help and tried again to reach Master Yoda at the Jedi Temple, but he was still oddly silent.

Our ship left orbit and prepared for the jump through hyper-space. Maggie and I were looking forward to spending some quality time together. Just as things started to heat up, however, a loud blaring alarm roared throughout the ship, and more particularly, in our room.

Wolverine burst in. "It's wasn't me Chuck! We're bein' invaded!" He rushed back out to find the action. Maggie suited up and I got into my hoverchair. We rushed onto the main deck into the midst of a battle.

"Say hello to my friends!" Corsair beamed.

I spotted four pirates, all well-armed, attacking the X-Men. I was about to unleash a powerful psionic blast on their leader when some kind of tranquilizer dart hit my neck. I slumped over almost immediately and everything that happened next was a blur. By the time I had recovered my senses, the fight was over and both Maggie and the Sapphire were gone. Fortunately Maggie had the opportunity to leave a final message detailing the battle. You can read that here.

I vaguely recalled being able to place a tracer on Maggie before I totally went under. The Kree ship was able to track the device to a planet called Tantooine. Apparently Corsair and his goons are going to try and fence the Sapphire there, since their original buyer fell through. We'll just have to see what we can do about that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Aw geez, it seems like sometimes you can't turn around without bumping into another band of space pirates.

Don't worry, Professor, they're probably more afraid of you than you are of them.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

ewwwwwwwwwww hutt breath

8:56 AM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Hutt sushi anyone?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Wait, your X-Men got beaten by a bunch of rather "merry" looking space pirates? Seriously? Those guys beat your guys? The chick waering pretty much only shoulder pads was on the winning side?

Well, so that my faith in the X-Men remians, I'm just going to say you all got sucked into an alternate reality.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Hey! They took us by surprise. I got caught with my pants down, you might say.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters