Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Now then, Professor. What is this all about?" Palpatine asked. "As Chancellor of this Empire, er, excuse me, 'Republic,' I'm sure that you can appreciate I am a busy man."

I tried to scan his thoughts but there was an impenetrable wall around him. "Of course, Chancellor. I'm sorry to bother you about this, but I understand that some be attempting to pass you stolen merchandise. Specifically the Sapphire of Radiance."

Palpatine's gaze focused sharply on my eyes. He raised one arm and waved his fingers at my face. "You don't care about the Sapphire of Radiance."

"I beg to differ but I do care very much about it."

His face contorted into a dark scowl and his gaze hardened to a fine pinpoint, like he was trying to look into my soul. "You don't care about the Sapphire of Radiance," he repeated more forcefully.

"I'm afraid you are mistaken, Chancellor," I told him.

"Oh no, my young Professor. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."

"Enough a this crap!" Wolverine shouted, popping out his claws with a loud 'snnikkt.' He charged towards Palpatine before any of us could act.

Palpatine just laughed. From his robes he pulled out a giant red gem, dazzling in the artificial light. "You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your mutant weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant."

"My pleasure, bub!" Wolverine shouted as he lunged forward.

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!" Palpatine shouted as blue lightening flew from his fingertips, dancing all around Wolverine. Poor Logan writhed in pain. His howl was terrible.

"Young fool . . Only now, at the end, do you understand . . ."

Wolverine collapsed on the floor as the lightening continued to crackle over his body. I tried to attack Palpatine psionically but his shield was strong. Cyclops opened his visor wide and a deep ruby ray shot out from his eyes, slamming hard into Palpatine and sending the old man flying back into the wall.

Rogue rushed to Wolverine's side and helped him up. I went over to where Palpatine had dropped the Sapphire and picked it up. A strange energy emitted from it. I hoped it wasn't poisonous radiation.

We left Palpatine's chambers and headed back towards our ship. Hopefully the trip will be uneventful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Uh, I doubt that your trip will be uneventful, you already had plenty of event going on right there!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

that's Wolverine for you

1:01 AM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Shaddup Vegeta

1:02 AM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Well, I suppose you should admire Wolverine's enthusiasm

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sometimes, Logan can be a little overenthusiastic.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the homing signal from the device on Maggie suggests she is heading for a near by slave trade camp

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters