Monday, April 03, 2006

I woke up in the middle of the night to sounds of screaming. Looking feverishly around, I realized the screaming was coming from me. Maggie grabbed my shoulders.

"Charles, what's wrong?" she asked nervously.

Catching my breath, I answered, "There was something I didn't tell you about my son, David."

"Yes?"

"Well, he killed me."

Maggie just smiled. "You're looking pretty good for a dead guy."

"I'm serious. He traveled back in time and killed me before I founded this school and started the X-Men. The Earth was mostly devestated as a result. Turns out we've done some important stuff over the years. But the important thing is that he killed me."

"Well . . you got saved obviously."

"Yes, a few mutants were outside the time-stream and managed to correct things."

"There you go. You have nothing to worry about, Charles. You have a lot of people who care about you and will protect you. Not that you will need it. I'm sure that if Vampirella's child is yours, it will be a wonderful, special child who will do great things in this world. I really hope it is yours."

I looked at her a moment and resisted the impulse to read her mind. "Really? It wouldn't bother you?"

The warmth from Maggie's smile told me that she was quite sincere. She really is a special lady. I slept soundly the rest of the night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

Well, I am sure all will be well...
We just need you to rest right now Charles

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

DNA ID does seem to ber slow.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maggie doesn't care that Vampi's baby could be yours? I don't see that happening, more likely we're going to see a catfight very soon -- a super powered catfight!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

While I am firm promoter of peace, there ain't nothing wrong with a little cat-fight now again, you know what I mean? ;-]

4:31 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Yes I'm with Jon I find it hard to believe That the Madgdelena isn't a bit jealous. I Suppose that's what I getFor marrying miss possesive . Then again I Am guilty of that as well.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters