Thursday, March 30, 2006

I reached for the bottle of Cognac but after a moment's hesitation, I decided to leave it be for now. Vampirella's news that she was pregnant, and that I might be the father, was rather unsettling but perhaps alcohol wasn't the answer. Besides, it was only 11AM. I wouldn't want yo end up like Tony Stark now, would I?

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against children. In fact, I think of all the students here at the Academy as my children. It's just that I did actually have a son once and it really didn't work out very well. David was a mutant, though I suppose that's not going to be a big surprise. But he was very powerful. Far more powerful than he could handle. And he also had some rather sever psychological issues. I didn't even know about him until he was grown. Perhaps if I had been there for him things might have turned out differently.

After suffering a traumatic event involving his emerging powers, David entered an autistic phase and was taken to Muir Island for treatment. It was only after David regained his senses that Moira MacTaggert summoned me and I learned that I had a son. Of course it was far too late at that point.

He kept absorbing people, killing their bodies but retaining their consciousnesses. All these minds existed within him and it was driving him crazy. They called themselves Legon. Any way, long story short, he almost destroyed out entire reality before he died.

This is why I am nervous about having another child. Especially with someone as powerful as Vampirella.

Before I got too deep in my thoughts though, Magdalena stopped by and took me to a most unusual circus. You can read about that here on her blog.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jardena said...

well, lets hope for the best, whatever that may be

10:10 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

What I'm afraid the kid will be like can be summed in one word Cain.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's what the face in the mirror keeps telling me but I just keep ignoring him.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Jean, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not discuss killing or erasing the the child . Let's just say it's important that it is born. Oh and Jean The future I see for you my dear, well you should be more concerned about that.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Jean, who said this baby was a bad thing? And how is it any of your business (not that it's mine)?

I'm disgusted that you want to be rid of it not because I'm against abortion (which I'm not!) or whatever else you might have been suggesting, but because you're suggesting it without even asking the mother's opinion!

But never mind. I'd rather not get into discussion about it with you.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

While the idea of erasing the child from my mind is extremely tempting - I mean it would be nice to get one good night's sleep, you know? - in the long run it's probably not such a good idea. There I would be, going about my life without a care in the world and then one day - BOOM - Legion is back. Or maybe some kind of Onslaught, destroying the planet and it would be too late for me to do anything about it. Better to know if it's mine I think and then plan accordingly. Like, letting him live on the moon with the Watcher or something.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Sorry Jean. I didn't mean to lash out like that. I'm just a little....stressed right now. This news about the baby who is going to be extremely powerful, which we can guess by Vampirella's dreams and Bariss's words, and the whole mutant cure thing.... It's hard to keep it together. At times like this, on the brink of war… we need to stand together not fight. Sorry I got mad at you.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Trunks said...

Whew! I thought for A second I'd have to fight Dark phoniex, to protect what maybe my kid. Or the other me's kid.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Mirai Trunks said...

Tch! You wish!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My baby will not be destroyed
now the father (when we find out) has a choice... I am perfectly capable of raising both hotstuff and my unborn on my own

all I can say is that I am good and charles and trunks are all good so the baby has to be good too

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Vampi, there are times when this can not be known until after the fact. And this is one of those times.

Now you must calm down it's not good for you or your unborn child!

Now the rest of you just (sense a disturbance in the force)...Oh my...

10:29 PM  
Blogger Trunks said...

Are you trying to get us killed?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Mirai Trunks said...

Oh act like you have a spine. Your a half saiyan not a half chicken.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Trunks, Future Trunks, and Jean Grey-Summers, I can't believe that you three would rather fight then think of the wellfare of this unborn child. Including the stress that you three are putting on the childs mother.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters