Thursday, November 17, 2005

The X-Men gathered before the dimensional portal generator in the sub-level of the mansion. The first foray into the Astral Plane a few days ago was unfortunately not a complete success. Gaia was able to confirm that our recent troubles were the work of my old enemy, Amahl Farouk. I had killed him many years ago in Egypt. Or at least, I killed his body. His essence somehow lived on in the ethereal Astral Plane of existence. His power there has grown over the years as he has become adept at manipulating people's minds on the physical plane.

Though Gaia's assault did not succeed in vanquishing the self-proclaimed Shadow King, she was able to determine that his primary goal was my destruction. This is a fact that I shall use against him.

The team that I selected for this mission was Cyclops, Colossus, Beast, Gaia, Emma Frost, Jean Grey and, of course, Wolverine. Part of my licensing contract with Marvel Entertainment obligates me to include Wolverine on every adventure involving a mutant. At least he can take quite a bit of damage. That's why I always let him go first.

With a maniacal howl, Wolverine dove head first through the portal. The others quickly spilled in after him. Rather than use the portal myself, I chose to enter the plane using my own psionic power.

As reality faded around me, the swirling amorphous mists of the Astral Plane appeared around me. The intangible alien landscape offered very little to give me any bearings. Once I had crossed the dimensional barrier though, my body was whole and I had the use of my legs again. Using my mental abilities, I created psionic armor around me.

Loud wails and crashing sounds from my left startled me. I turned to see all of the X-Men being overwhelmed by a hoard of other-worldly phantasms. The strange monsterous creatures swarmed over my beleaguered mutants who fought back fiercely but were seriously out-numbered. Five of the bizarre ghosts dragged poor Cyclops down into the shadows. I suddenly realized that he wasn't using his optic beams for some reason. Quickly looking to the other X-Men, I realized that none of them seemed to be using their powers.

Suddenly loud psychotic laughter boomed throughout the air. Spinning around, I saw the gigantic demon form of the Shadow King looming high above me.



4 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh man, you gotta call in the calvary. Wait, the calvary's being dragged away by the Shadow King's minnions. Bring in the reinforcements like Lockheed and Leech.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Throw wolverine at the shadow King His dense And empty head might hurt him. Oh Wolverine is still wimpy isn't he, and whatching dr Phil, Also he's being dragged away. Hmm while the ghosts arre mutalaiting the x-men and uselessverine you could rumn . or I guess you fight will against will You usually win those then you save the rest And leave Logan there with his new ghost friends

10:20 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I'll beam you some photon torpedos and a bag of diet phasers.

That should sort you out

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

This is the sort of occasion when you think, "Was this a good idea?"

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters