Monday, November 14, 2005

Gaia and her team have returned from the Astral Plane after confronting the Shadow King. Everyone returned intact, more or less, but Shadow King is still at large. Obviously something is going to have to be done about him. First I want to get Magneto on his way, though. I certainly don't trust him but with Leech in the mansion, I am unable to use my telepathic powers to find out what he really wants and why he won't return to Avalon where his Brotherhood of Mutants are currently residing. At least I was able to get him out of the school for a couple of hours today.

Kitty Pryde discovered that the Smiling Baby Hitlers were playing a concert at the Westchester Civic Center tonight. This is the band that Pyro is playing with. He was a former student here but left to join the Brotherhood, as chronicled in the X-Men 2 movie. When Eric found out, he insisted on going. I reminded him that he hates loud vapid punk music. He responded that he wasn't going for the music but rather to confront Pyro.

We arrived at the concert just in time for the last song. Kitty insisted on coming with us and bringing Leech along. That, of course, defeated my entire purpose of going with Eric, which was, of course, to read his mind and find out what he was up to.

After the show, while Kitty chatted up the security guards, Eric, Leech and I went backstage to the dressing room. It was just as well that Leech was along, I thought for the first time, because Eric had murder in his eyes. I convinced Eric to let me try first with him.

"Hello John," I said to Pyro as he pulled off his purple afro wig.

"Yo', Professor X! Wass up!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "Hey, Mags! How's it hangin'! Uh, hey man, that kid don't look so good. He's kind a green, you know?"

"That's alright," I answered, "Leech is suppose to look like that. I think. Anyway, that's not why we are here. John, I don't know what this silly music thing is all about but you are still enrolled in my school and it's very important that you complete your education."

"Hey man, Jim Morrison dropped outta high school. He did all right with this "silly music thing."

"Yes, and now Jim Morrison is dead. Do you see a connection?"

"What, you sayin' that if I drop outta school I'm gonna die? Then I say - Rock and Roll, man!"

"Now John, I don't think you are -"

"How on Earth could you name your band after that monster!?" Magneto exploded, cutting me off. "Do you have any idea what he did to my people?! To my parents?!"

"What? You mean that Hitler guy?" Pyro asked.

Magneto's face was turning bright red. He was shaking as he yelled, "Do you even know anything about the Holocaust!?"

"What, you mean that glowing energy dude in the see-thru yellow armor?" Pyro answered.

Then Eric turned to me. "What the hell are you teaching the children at your school, Charles?"

"Well, we focus more on the sciences and super-powered combat. I suppose we don't put quite enough emphasis on all -"

"That . . that . . that is totally irresponsible!" Eric shouted.

"Hey, chill out man," Pyro chimed in. "In the name he's, like, smiling, you know. And he's a baby. It's, like, um . . ironic, you know. I think that's the word."

Eric looked long and hard at Pyro and then shaking his head, turned and walked out. There was obviously nothing more I could do so I followed him. On our way back to the X-Van, Kitty bought one of the Smiling Baby Hitlers CD's in the lobby.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Magneto does have a point, unless of course the Smiling Baby Hitlers aren't actually named after that Hitler.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

I can't believe I'm saying this But i agree with Magneto. When i saw Some smiling baby jerks cdin my son's Room I let vegeta destroy his entire Collection too bad he then Blew up Goten's Room and took his new X-box 360.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Heh. Good Times Good times The x- box is awesome!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

And this is the problem with Magneto. His points seem so reasonable. And the next thing you know you've joined the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and are trying to destroy all the humans.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Pyro has gone very Retro. Perhaps he should have been on the group Earth, Wind and Fire?

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I must admit, Pyro's new style is rather odd. But it works for him I suppose. I feel for poor Eric. It was just dreadful that his underling would name a band after Hitler. Just as well, Eric throws thing entirely out of proportion. It amazes me they have yet to tear eachother apart.

Well don't I feel like the odd man out, dears. I am the only one here that has yet to get a blog. I suppose that is the curse of running an internation enterprise. Never enough time to tell of my life.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters