Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Storm went on another rampage this morning. A commercial had come on the television during the morning news set to a Christmas jingle and she just lost it. "It's not even Thanksgiving yet!" she screamed as she ran out of the mansion. Once she was beyond Leech's power dampening power, she took to the air in a violent gust of wind and started to rain lightening bolts down upon the local strip mall. Some of the X-Men rushed to the scene.

Colossus picked up Wolverine and tossed him straight into the air at Storm. That's their famous "fast-ball special" maneuver, in case you didn't know. Storm blasted Wolverine with a vicious lightening barrage before he could reach her, though. His crispy body tumbled to the ground but Jean was able to catch him telekentically and soften his landing. With his amazing healing abilities, he was already coming around.

While Storm was distracted, Cyclops zapped her in the back with a rather intense optic beam. It was really much stronger than it had to be to. That boy does have some issues. Storm fell unconscious towards the Earth at a rather quick pace. Fortunately, Rogue was on hand to swoop up and catch her.

Storm was returned to the mansion and, after having her locked in the room next door to Leech, I assembled the X-Men in conference room.

"Obviously the Shadow King is goading us into attacking again," said Beast. "He wants us to launch another assault on him."

"I think you are quite right, Hank," I replied. "And unfortunately we have no choice but to play along."

"Professor, things were really touch and go that last time," said Gaia. "He's got something that nullifies powers, sort of like Leech does. I think we're going to need some more help."

"The Scarlet Witch and her X-Hibitionists have returned to their headquarters at the Dazzler's nightclub. We shall leave them in the reserve, in case we need back-up," I said.

"But Professor," Gaia continued, "we barely escaped with our lives last time. Taking less people doesn't make any sense! It's . . it's like Bush's invasion of Iraq strategy!"

"As much as I hate to say it," chimed in Emma Frost, "but I have to agree with Gaia. Bush's strategy was ill-conceived."

"Now let's not make this political," I said. "Besides, it's me the Shadow King wants. We can use that fact against him. Now then, I want you all to get a good night's rest. I'll be giving you your team assignments in the morning and then we will launch our attack!"

11 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

He's the Shadow King, what if you bring a lot of sunlamps?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Do this you must. Weapons of mass destruction the Shadow King has. From reliable sources, I have heard that. Very reliable.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Prof X, I didn't know that you golfed!

here

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't get political, Blogmaster Xavier. Just..please don't. I really enjoy this blog, please don't bring politics or anything current-events-related into it. It spoils the whole story.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

First of all Jon, I suspect that golf card is a forgery. I've never shot a 216 in my life.

Second Verity, I have absolutely no interest in politics, either-way. It's those mushy little girls that sometimes spout liberal nonsense. It's really appalling how little control I have over them.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Doesn't anyone have a quiet day in Westchester?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

-sigh-
If you-verity kindle- had really read the post you would have seen the Professor said, "Now let's not make this political" .I hate it when people don't think their comments through!
And I am not a "mushy little girl", thank yew very much. How is commenting on Bush’s invasion of Iraq strategy make me mushy anyway?
I have been looking into how Shadow King could have zapped our powers just like that, but so far no such luck. You had better have a hell of a plan if were going to pull this one off.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Its not even Thanksgiving yet!!!"

HAHAHA that CRACKED me up!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Its not even Thanksgiving yet!!!"

HAHAHA that CRACKED me up!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I certainly didn't mean "mushy little girl" in any kind of negative way, Gaia. I think very highly of both you and Emma. I was merely referring to the larger whole. I suppose there's no real way for me to dig myself out of this. I'd best just move on.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ciera said...

Yeah - the holidays will bring the worst out in some people.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters