Sunday, November 06, 2005

Well, things certainly came to an unexpected head today. As you may know, I have been trying to get to the bottom of the strange aberrations in Storm's recent behavior. Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Doc Samson all proved to be rather unhelpful. I thought this was rather odd as team-ups usually seem to resolve in successful resolutions by the end of the story. I was beginning to despair that this particular escapade might involve a cross-publisher team up with some fictional character like Superman, when Storm came into my office, followed closely on her heels by Jean Grey.

"Ororo, I'm glad you're here," I started. "It's time that you and I cleared the air about a few things."

"I agree Charles," she answered. "It's time for us to stop playing these silly games."

"Well, good. I'm glad to hear you taking-"

"I want you to turn over full control of the entire operation to me." Storm's voice was cold and commanding.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in bewilderment.

"All the holdings, real estate, intellectual property, licenses - everything."

"T-that's preposterous!" I shouted. "I will do no such thing. I have no idea what's possessed you but it is time - wait a minute. That's it!" I scanned Storm's mind and felt a psionic shield around her that I could not penetrate.

"Jean, quickly" I said. "Try to pierce the shield around Storm's brain!"

Jean looked at me for a long moment and then started laughing. "Please Charles! You can't win. Just surrender now. It's time for you to retire, don't you think? Tahiti, Boro Boro . . some place like that."

"Et tu, Jean?" I said in disbelief. "You were one of my very first X-Men. How can you have turned on me too? It's like you're possessed as -" And then I scanned Jean's mind. "You're not Jean!" I shouted. And then Jean turned into a naked blue woman. "Mystique!"

Mystique laughed even louder. I looked over at Storm in confusion and heard a very strange voice come from her.

"Very good, Xavier. It's about time you got to the bottom of this." That was definitely not Storm's voice coming from Storm's lips.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"I am an old friend of the X-Men," came the steely voice. "And an even older friend of the Brotherhood."

"The Shadow King!" I snapped.

"Wrong!" bellowed Storm, her dark voice full of gloating. "I am . . Exodus!"

"Exodus!? But you can't possess people!" I insisted.

"Fool! I have tremendous psionic powers. At first I didn't have to possess Storm at all, merely guide her into accepting her own dark instincts. Her rivalry with Cyclops, her desire for leadership, her jealousy of the Scarlet Witch - it was all so easy until her mind was completely in my control!"

"But . . but why?" I asked.

"It's simple really. We want you to rescue Magneto again."

"What!?" I couldn't believe my ears.

"Oh yes, Charles," said Mystique. "Avalon has been in shambles since you took our leader away again. "The Blob is leaving crumbs everywhere, Master Mind jeeps making everyone think they forgot to put their clothes on, Juggernaut keeps knocking over the buildings just to prove how strong he is. We have fallen apart without out strong central leadership. Kind of like what happened to the Soviet Union under Gorbachev."

"You did all this - for that!?"

"Well," started Storm/Exodus, "after Magneto's last exploits we thought it would take quite a lot of pressure to get you to rescue him again."

"B-but . . but why not free him yourself?" I asked, still not quite believing what I was hearing.

"Come now, Charles," said Mystique. "You know how dangerous such things are. Far better to get someone else to do it, no?"

"And that's it?" I asked. "If I rescue Magneto, then you'll leave me and the X-Men along? Including Storm?"

"Of course," they both said at the same time.

"And do you have anything to do with the Sentinel/Brood satellite?" I asked.

"Nothing," said Mystique with an evil smile.

8 Comments:

Blogger Captain Berk said...

Sounds like you've trouble aboard your metaphorical ship, but you've handled it admirably.

We could use your sort in Starfleet oif you ever choose to retire

9:36 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Better I liked Mystique when a part of Blue Man Crew she was.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Mystique sure is a hottie, she should probably see a dermitologist about that flaky skin, though. Maybe get a nice lotion or something.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You have a couple of problem people there.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Why is her skin blue? Why does that let her change her shape? Why did she quit the Blue Man Group? I have no idea, but I do like looking at her picture.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Maybe I can put the trip to the astral plane off and stay here to help. I really would feel safer if you came. No one else is really excited to go anyway.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I appreciate the offer Gaia but I feel your mission is both vital and urgent. Storm is tremednously powerful and she has already attacked some of her teammates. If the Shadow King has possessed her, he must be stopped!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Understood

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters