Wednesday, November 23, 2005

After our stunning victory against the New Avengers, we took all the Brotherhood mutants we rescued from the Vault prison back to the school in Westchester. The flight back in the X-Jet was rather uneventful. Wolverine spent most of the time asking everyone if they saw his fast-ball special maneuver.

We managed to escape without any serious injury, unless you count the mortal wounding of my pride. My first stop once we landed at the mansion was to shave off my new shocking mane of orange afro.

I had thought about having Gaia simply erase my new, totally unwelcome hair with her awesome reality warping powers, but since I have been saddled with having the mutant child Leech staying in the school, no one's powers are working. Why we haven't bothered to come up with an actual name for the boy, I don't know. "Leech" can't be very good for his self-image. That's the least of my problems, though.

Instead, I let Wolverine shave my head. True, he is a sociopath and therefore not someone I would particular want to let anywhere near me when he's wielding a sharp instrument, but he is good with knives. The whole process took him about 20 seconds. Hopefully the hair won't grow back.

Now that I was presentable again, my next stop was to see Forge. I had a little assignment for him.

My third stop was to see Magneto. He was down in the game room playing the Nascar pinball machine. I noticed that he had managed to rack up a score of over 3 million points and was well on his way to getting the all-time high. There was a half eaten box of Milk Duds on the corner of the game.

"I hope you aren't cheating, Eric," I said.

Without turning his attention from the game, he said, "How can I with Leech in the house?"

"Well, that's true," I answered. After a brief pause I continued. "You know we have returned with Mystique and the others."

"Wonderful," he replied absently.

"Everyone made it out of the Vault safely, in case you were wondering."

"I had every confidence in you."

"Mystique has already left and Exodus is about to arrive to pick up the rest of the Brotherhood members."

"Fine, fine."

"Can I assume that you will be leaving with the Brotherhood then?" I asked.

"Hmm, no I don't think so, Charles."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Look, Eric, the whole reason why we broke you out of jail was because the Brotherhood needs a leader. They are running amok in Avalon. You have a duty to go to them."

"Oh, I'm sure they'll be fine. You worry too much."

This was just too much for me. I'm afraid I lost my composure. If you are easily disturbed, then you may want to skip the next paragraph.

"Oh come on, Eric! What the hell is your game?! Why are you hanging around the mansion?! What do you want?!"

Did you see all those exclamation points? I was rather inflamed. Sorry. I will try and control myself in the future.

"Charles, if you don't mind, I am having rather a good game here and you are starting to distract me," was Magneto's reply to my tirade. He did not say another word to me.

I stared at him for several moments before turning around and wheeling out. He can just be so frustrating. I know he's up to something, but what?

22 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

It's the houseguest that wouldn't leave!

Nooooooooooooooo!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

I hate it when people can't tell when they're unwanted.

Hey Prof, you wanna come over and look at my Guns N' Hotties magazine?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Actually Hudson, I have my own subscription. But thanks for offering.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Worry you have to if to the school his mail starts coming.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I think maybe you need to search his room for 20th century psycotropic plants.

They induce this kind of apathetic indifference, an excessive interest in flashing lights and desire to consume junk food.

Then you can ground him, or send him to a superhero drug counsellor

7:45 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Braddock said...

Oh, how I hate it when guests won't leave. I'm beginning to fear this whole thanksgiving ordeal. This lot better leave after the dinner or there will be more than a bunch of exclamation points flying around. I try to be a good hostess, but my dear brothers wife seems to have everything handled making me looking like a guest in my own manor. Pish-posh, I say.

As well as your magneto problem, I suggest you watch him or leech very closely. For if leech leaves then those metals balls would have a better purpose than hitting the 20,000 point pit stop button.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, professor!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Perhaps Wolverine would care to be a hairdresser as a sideline?

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan and xanax - ativan generic equivalent

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

order tramadol online mastercard generic tramadol - tramadol for pets no prescription

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan 2mg ativan given alcohol withdrawal - ativan withdrawal dreams

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where to buy tramadol withdrawal from tramadol addiction - tramadol 50 mg compared to percocet

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol online pharmacy tramadol 50 mg for pain - tramadol equivalent

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol 100mg tramadol hcl 200 - can you buy tramadol over counter usa

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

klonopin price how long will klonopin high last - klonopin side effects brain

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription overnight buy tramadol mastercard - tramadol 4 men

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

order tramadol online without prescription buy tramadol next day delivery - tramadol hcl withdrawal symptoms

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol withdrawal bloating - tramadol withdrawal neurontin

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

klonopin 2mg klonopin 0.5 side effects - many 2mg klonopin

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol manufacturer - tramadol hcl 50 mg recreational use

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol legal order tramadol online - tramadol 50 mg for humans

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online no prescription cheap tramadol high bluelight - tramadol 300 er

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma pills soma muscle relaxer v - soma medication picture

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters