Monday, November 21, 2005

Wheeling down to rec room B, I found Magneto leaning back in a chair, his feet on the table, a large bowl of avocado guacamole on his lap and a tall bag of Nacho Flavored Doritoes next to him, watching Cops reruns on TV.

"Eric, why are you still here?" I demanded. "If you had returned to Avalon when I rescued you last week, half of your Brotherhood wouldn't be in jail right now!"

"What are you talking about, Charles?" he asked indifferently.

"Blob and Toad, along with your children Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were all arrested and are currently being held in the Vault! And apparently Mystique was captured trying to rescue them," I informed him.

"Really? How could that have happened?" He didn't even bother to turn to look at me.

"It seems Wanda and Pietro went to Avalon, logically assuming you'd be there, to spend Thanksgiving with you. The Blob somehow talked them all going to Hershey, Pennsylvania where they were all arrested."

"Oh, that's right," he said. "The Sweet Lights Christmas in Hershey festival began this week. He never misses it."

"Yes, well, we have to go back to the Vault and break them out!"

"I don't think so," he said, finally turning to look at me.

"What? But they're your people. You have to rescue them!" I insisted.

"No, I don't. I'm quite comfortable here. You go if you want."

And with that, he turned his attention back to the TV, raised the remote and increased the volume. Shaking my head, I rolled out of the room. At least Leech is still here so his mutant nullifying powers will keep Magneto weak while I'm gone.

I grabbed the first five X-Men I saw and lead us to the X-Jet. I was planning to take Jean Grey along but the Beast told me he saw her leave the mansion last night muttering "Emma" over and over.

As Cyclops flew the jet at top speed down to Virginia, Beast asked me, "Professor, could you please delineate the justifications for our intended prison break of our mortal enemies?"

"Well Henry, the intricacies of human behavior and motivations sometimes transcend understanding," I replied.

"What does that mean?" he asked.

"Sometimes knowing the path and walking the path are two different things," I told him.

"If you don't want to tell me, just say so."

Behind us I could hear Wolverine say, clearly loudly enough that he meant for me to hear, "All I can say is, I better get to do my "fast-ball special."

We'll see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deadpool said...

For Shame! Breaking out wanted criminals? Hopefully you don't run into the New Avengers or SHEILD.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Wait, if the Avengers show up, who would Wolvie fight for? Would breaking super villains out of prison disqualify him from Avengers membership?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Doritos can be pretty distracting....

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Will Wolverine be able to do his 'special'? I hope so.

Thank you for your 'Enterprise Party' contribution, Professor.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

You know what's special? My M41A Pulse Rifle. her and I love going on bughunts together.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters