Sunday, November 20, 2005

After returning from our triumph in the Astral Plane last night, the team decided to forego our usual victory party and instead get some well needed rest. Though our spiritual projections all sustained injuries during our battle with the Shadow King, perhaps none worse than Gaia who almost sacrificed herself to save the rest of us, those injuries did not travel back to our physical bodies. But we all did feel exhausted.

Now that we were free of the Shadow King's machinations, I hoped things might get back to normal around the school. I was wrong. On the other hand, I suppose it might be my definition of normal that is wrong.

As I sipped my morning tea, savoring a few moments of peace, the door to my office burst open. And with that I knew any dreams of having a relaxing day were gone. Wolverine charged straight up to my desk with a rather sheepish looking Colossus in tow.

"I didn't get to do a damn fast-ball special," Wolverine shouted. "It's my signature move!"

Colossus, standing behind him, cleared his throat.

"I mean, our signature move," Wolverine corrected. Then Wolverine just stood there silently, looking at me expectantly. Did he expect me to actually answer that?

"Er, well Logan, sometimes a particular battle might not present the opportunity for each of us to use-"

"That's crap!" he yelled. "I got fans! They expect to see me do my signature move in each and every battle!"

"Now Logan, we all have fans. Just because-"

"That's crap!!" he yelled even louder. "Who's the most popular X-Man? Me, that's who! I put asses in seats! You like all that money you get from licensing us out? Well who do you think sells the merchandise, bub? They want a comic to sell, they put me on the cover! They want people to go see a damn movie, they make sure I'm on the friggin' poster! And my fans want to see me do my moves in each and every battle! I was hardly in that last one! The Shadow King zapped my powers and then I got swarmed by some friggin' green ghosts! What the hell is that?!"

"So what do you want me to do about it, Logan?" I asked, not even trying to hide my impatience. "I mean, this is silly! Do you want us to go back to the Astral Plane? Conjure up the spirit of the Shadow King? Re-do the battle for you? Hmm?"

"Yeah, that's what I want!"

"Well that's not going to happen. He's gone and I'm tired. In the next battle I'll do my best to make sure you get to do a 'spit-ball special'."

"That's 'fast-ball special'!"

"Whatever. I'm sure your fans are mature enough to understand. Now if you don't mind, I have some work to do."

With a grunt, he left, dragging poor Colossus after him. I swear, I don't know what that man's problem is.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

I could just Blast him to oblivion with one of my special moves.I owe him a beating anyway. He insulted me then turned all girlie all of the sudden, didn't have the heart tear him limb from limb. He can even bring the Russian moron Too. Either way we will see if he can heal from there being just a skeleton left.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

jeez Vegeta calm down. you act just like Logan Your both short and anrgy. And wanna prove how tough you are. maybe I should get Wanda to put a spell on you, so you can watch dr phil and Golden girls all day.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's awkward when Wolverine gets narky.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Narky"? That must be one of those 24th Century expressions.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters