Wednesday, June 06, 2007

As I spun limply in the air, I realized that I was watching myself from a distance. Mephisto was there in all of his red-skinned, loin cloth wearing glory laughing like the demonic maniac that he is, enjoying using my body like a telekinetic top while I floated in a corner, watching helplessly. Somehow his attack had forced me to astrally project.

With a gesture, Mephisto stopped my spinning. My limbs suddenly stretched straight out, rigid except for my neck which lolled in a most unpleasant way. The demon lord brought his hands together and started to crush my body. Panic flooded my non-corporeal essence. I tried to blast him psionically but my powers are very limited when I'm dis-embodied.

Blood started to leak in trails from my ears and nose. I could see my body folding in on itself. The creaking of my bones warned they were all about to pop.

Just then the door to my room slid open. In rushed Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator, followed closely at his heel by Private Hudson. They both had weapons drawn and opened fire at Mephisto. The demon recoiled for a moment in surprise. Then he whirled on Jon and Hudson.

"Pitiful mortals!" he bellowed. "You're pathetic toys can't hurt me!"

To prove his point he raised his arm quickly and both men went flying back against the wall. As they crumpled to the floor, weird webbing suddenly filled the empty doorway, blocking off any further hope for help.

"Oh man, you're game is so over!" Hudson shouted, springing to his feet.

He pulled out a vibro-blade and lunged at Mephisto. The giant demon easily grabbed Hudson's wrist, twisting it until the blade dropped. Smoke started to billow from his palm and Hudson howled in agony. Mephisto tossed him across the room just as Jon landed a devastating flying kick right in Mephisto's chest.

At least it would have been devastating against anyone but Mephisto. The demon laughed and grabbed Jon by the throat. His mighty fingers wrapped around his neck and started to choke the life from him.

This rescue wasn't going very well at all.

9 Comments:

Blogger supergirl said...

Too Bad Conner isn't still there ya could have like totally used him as a kryptonain shield while Mephisto was beatin' the living daylights out of him you all could have gotten away.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Sometimes being a Universal Lynchpin ain't all it's cracked up to be.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think Jon needs to go out and start again.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That would be nice but I don't think that's one of Jon's powers.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Vince Briefs said...

Hey kara i like the abusing Kon _el idea. And professor maybe some Holy water can help?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Batman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Batman said...

I've seen worse rescues(glares at Flash)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Yeah, I've had a few of my own rescues go south as well, but somehow they managed to all work out in the end (even though it didn't appear that way at first). --N

10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"This rescue wasn't going very well at all."

That happens...

Alot.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters