Monday, June 18, 2007

"Well mortal, do you surrender or do I get the pleasure of ripping the flesh off everyone in this complex?"

Jon glanced over his shoulder at my seemingly lifeless body still hanging in the air. Then he turned to the still form of Private Hudson, slumped in the corner. His eyes slowly wandered back to Mephisto.

Jon met his gaze, staring straight back at him. With raw determination, he titled his head back and thrust out his chin. The tension was so thick between them that neither even took a breath. After what seemed a lifetime, Jon spoke.

"Fine. I surrender. If you spare the others."

Mephisto threw back his head and roared with laughter. Jon's face did not waiver the whole while that the devil laughed.

When the final sounds died in his throat, Mephisto said, "Perhaps I over-estimated you, mortal. We shall see."

He raised up his red right hand and gestured causing a swirling portal to open up in front of them. Mephisto took a step towards it and motioned to Jon.

All at once Jon lunged himself forward, crashing hard into Mephisto's back. The dark one staggered into the portal. Jon kicked him hard in the mid-section and Mephisto doubled over.

Pulling a round grenade from the back of his belt, Jon threw it with all of his might, straight at the demon king. A ferocious explosion tore through the small room, sending Jon flying and collapsing the portal. Mephisto was on the other side.

My body collapsed in a heap and my astral self was pulled back into with tremendous speed. I quickly crawled into my chair and rushed over to Jon.

"Are you alright?" I asked frantically.

Jon struggled back up to his feet and patted the smoke off his tunic. "Considering the alternative, I'm doing just fine. Think we've seen the last of him?"

"When Mephisto wants something, he isn't stopped so easily. It take a lot of power for him to cross dimensional barriers though, so we have a little time."

"Then we better get to planning, Professor."

8 Comments:

Blogger Kon-El said...

Ya showed 'im what was for Jon,, Um Prof um good job um layin' there.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Boy am I glad that I brought my dimensional portal closing hand grenade to work today.

My wife was all like "Hon, why don't you bring your dimensional portal closing hand grenade to work today?" and I was all like "Naw, I never need that thing, anyway." and she was all like "You better bring it," and I was all like "well, OK." See? We're a great team that way.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

I really think you should get Jerry Springer to sort this out. Think of the ratings and the fame!

Or does this seem all to familiar?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A dimensional portal is very useful on these occasions.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I think that's one of the Gladiator's rules - always be prepared.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Batman said...

it seems to be a gurantee that they always come back.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

No, Always Be Prepared is the Colonial Marines motto. Sheesh.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters