Sunday, July 16, 2006

Oh man, this wasn't looking good. Shadow King had taken over the Martian Manhunter and the Professor said we couldn't attack him. Not without killing him anyway.

"So what's the problem with that?" Wolverine growled, popping out his claws. "Leave him to me."

Yeah, maybe that was a good idea. Let Wolverine kill him. I looked around at the others, seeing if anybody had any other ideas. My brain was really starting to hurt. Sensing Jean was his only threat, the Shadow King let off a powerful energy strike at her. A pulse of pink light shot out from her head, spreading into a force filed around her just in time to stop the blast. She launched a psionic counter-attack but they seemed evenly matched.

I glanced over at Wolverine to see why he hadn't attacked yet. Warbird was talking to him. She turned and addressed the whole team. "Alright guys, let's focus. Now Scott . ."

Damn her. First she humiliates me by luring me into her shower while I was all distracted by this crisis and then she goes and tells everyone that I'm not really a man! Ha! I'll show her what a man I am!

I marched over to Warbird and grabbed her shoulders. I pulled her close to me and planted a big wet kiss right on her lips. I rammed my tongue into my mouth and wiggled it around for a while. Just to let her know I'm there, you know? I could feel her melting against me. Then I pushed her away. That'll show her.

"As I was saying," I told everyone, "I'm the leader. And Logan, stay away from my girl."

He just kind of shook his head for a second when a giant hand suddenly reached down and grabbed him. The Shadow King! He was filling Logan's body with an unbelievable amount of energy. Oh man, this sucks!

Kodiak ran over to Rogue. "What would happen if you used your power on the Manhunter right now?"

"Ah don't know," she answered. After a moment's thought she nodded and flew into the air. Stripping off her gloves she swooped around behind him and plunged both hands against his shimmering back. The Shadow King let out a ferocious howl and dropped Wolverine. Rogue, who was still rather large from absorbing some of Kodiak's power earlier, started to glow with a dark energy.

The Shadow King thrashed violently under her touch. We all stared in amazement as his body shrunk down smaller and smaller until he was just man sized. "Get out of my head Martian!" he yelled. The Manhunter must have been fighting him from the inside as Rogue absorbed his power.

Then Jean blasted him with a final psionic onslaught. The Shadow King was driven from the Manhunter's body. J'onn stood there, breathing heavily and waved his thanks.

Then Rogue started laughing in the most evil and twisted way I have ever heard.

14 Comments:

Blogger captain koma said...

Sounds like your all screwed now.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats my girl. Wait a minute, whats with the evil laugh, oh $#*t. Just saying.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maybe you should kiss her too, Cyclops.

9:25 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Okay, I think everyone who reads my blog reads your blog, but not everyone who reads your blog reads my blog, right? Okay, assuming someone reads my blog but not your blog, I guess I should do my perspective on this. But I want to finish the Sinister crossover first... I just can't figure out who Khaos is, and I need to know before I can go to the next Ace chapter... Getting input from Sinister is kind of difficult... Novy set up a crossover section for us in the Heroes United forum, but we really don't USE it... ("get sum sun" is the most relevant topic...) End ramble... Oh, and thanks to Rogue.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

Sure, thank her now. Wait until she starts beating us all to death in a couple of minutes.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

uh-oh!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

Scot....t....

3:41 PM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Word, Spidey. Word.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Why are telepathic attacks never a dull gray? Always with the neon.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I liked how you kissed that girl in a really inappropriate way at a really inappropriate time.

You have tact, which is a rare quality in this galaxy

10:45 AM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

How many times is Rogue gonna get an evil presence in her head by using her powers?
It's like Daphne from Scooby-Doo!
Bart.

2:44 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Oh that wacky Rouge! gettin all evil again.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Definate trouble here; Rogue can be a problem..

8:19 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Welcome back. How was the con?

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters