Friday, April 28, 2006

"Coruscant?" I said, a little surprised. "I wonder if they've repaired all the damage from the last time we were there."

We set the Kree ship into a light jump to Coruscant, hot in pursuit of Hepzibah and Ch'od, and more importantly, the stolen Sapphire of Radiance I needed to get back to clear my name of any involvement with it's theft from the Shi'Ar Empire.

As our ship started it's journey, Maggie gave me a wink. I smiled back. We still had some unfinished business to take care of. I led us to any empty chamber but before we could get down to business, Wolverine burst in. He had a rather sadistic grin on his face and asked some inane questions about our strategy once we reached Coruscant. Obviously he was just trying to be annyoing. When does he ever plan anything?

Corsair was making a disturbance outside. Maggie got that smile on her face again and, grabbing her knives, rushed outside. I quickly followed.

Rogue was pushing Corsair in front of her. She had his right arm twisted high up behind his back. The poor sod was crying like a baby. Actually, more like his son, Cyclops.

"Ah caught 'em tryin' ta steal the ship," Rogue told us.

"I wasn't trying to steal it! I was, uh, just going to set a course that, um, would, uh, take us more directly to Coruscant. That's all."

"You do realize that's I'm a telepath?" I asked him. He just hung his head.

"I know he's holding back Professor," Maggie said. "Let me question him some more."

"Help yourself, my dear."

Maggie's grin grew. She drew out a long thin silver blade with an intricate gilded handle. She twisted it slowly in front of Corsair's face. Beads of sweat ran down his brow. Maggie brought the edge of the blade up to his cheek. Just before contact, Corsair blurted out, "At least ask me a question?! What do you want to know?! I'll tell you anything!!"

"Where on Coruscant is Hezpibah going?"

I could see how torn Corsair was. His mind was racing desperately to try and come up with some way to preserve a profit from the Sapphire. Fortunately for him his sense of self-preservation won out.

"She's going to deliver the gem to the guy who hired us to steal it. And she's going to get our payment. I'd, uh, really kind of appreciate it if you'd, you know, let her get the money first and then kind of take it back from the guy who's paying."

"Not a chance," Maggie said. "Who hired you?"

Corsair gulped. "Some creepy old guy named Senator Palpataine."

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Going to meet Palpatine, eh? I'll wager that you'll get a charge out of it.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Nothin' can slice through adamantium

1:25 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

What an intersting way to find out, when you have no more claws. Oh yes if you do come back I want to see If I can braeak your claws

1:27 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

we need to invest in some mutant proff locks

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Well, while you're there, could you try not to kill any clone troopers? They're very nice guys who tend to get caught in the cross fire a lot.

Perhaps you could make a trade, the stone for some oreos

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I suspect this might be an explosive visit.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters