Sunday, April 30, 2006

As our borrowed Kree starship entered orbit around Coruscant, I wondered where on this extremely developed planet we'd be able to find Senator Palpataine. As it happens, I did know two people on this far away planet, Master Yoda and Lieutenant Commander Oneida. They had both participated in the Amazing Mutant Race 2 last year. In fact, they had won. Yoda was rather helpful lending us some Jedi Knights just a few weeks ago when Dark Phoenix had terrorized his section of the galaxy, so I thought I would try him again.

Strangely enough, Master Yoda did not respond to my repeated calls. In fact, the whole Jedi Temple seemed to be dormant. How odd. I had thought Jedi took an oath. Neither rain nor sleet nor snow shall keep them from defending their galaxy or whatever.

Since Yoda didn't seem to be available, I contacted Lt. Commander Oneida. I was rather amazed at how quickly I was able to reach her.

"Why Professor, what a surprise!"

"And how are things with you, Lt. Commander?"

"Pretty busy actually. I have a new intelligence assignment and it's fairly time consuming."

"Well I certainly don't want to distract you from your duties. I am on the trail of some thieves who are apparently planning to meet with a Senator Palpataine. I was wondering if you might be able to point us in the right direction?"

"Senator Palpataine? From Naboo? He's one of the most respected members of the Imperial Senate."

"Hmm, then perhaps he about to be the victim of a fraud. Is there anyway we could meet with him?"

"Funnily enough my current assignment is at the Senate. It shouldn't be any trouble to arrange a meeting at all. It probably won't be until the morning though."

"Tomorrow would be fine."

3 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

Charles... cha.......

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

At least you get a day to go sightseeing, I guess. You should check out Dex's Diner while you're there.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Ehh, I think you'll be fine, there is no Order 77 to take out mutants.

So you're off to see the Emperor? Have fun, bring oreos

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters