Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I was finally able to meet with Reed Richards today regarding the situation with Storm and he provided a rather interesting insight. As you may recall, Storm has been exhibiting very unusual behavior over the last few weeks, including taking advantage of me while I was in a less than sober state. Her bizarre actions finally culminated in an attack on the Scarlet Witch and her X-Hibitionists team at the Dazzler's nightclub following a victory party. Gaia arrived on the scene after the attack to survey the wreckage and over aid to the battered mutants.

My growing concern over Storm's aberrant behaviors had been causing me ever increasing distress. Jason aka Dark Magician 25 offered two possible suggestions. One, the Storm we have been dealing with is actually an alternate reality Storm or two, the Shadow King has somehow returned and is getting his revenge by manipulating Storm.

I had Cyclops drive me to Four Freedom Plaza for my meeting with Richards.

"Professor Xavier, good to see you," he said as he stretched his hand out to shake mine. As someone who is use to being around many beings with a wide variety of super-powers, I am rather used to seeing people doing unusual things, but his stretchy rubber body I have always found a bit disturbing.

"Hello Reed," I replied, swallowing my repulsion and taking his enlarged hand. "How are the wife and kids?"

Reed hesitated before answering. "Well, actually, I caught Sue this morning staring longingly at the cover of this month's Travel magazine. There is a feature on tourism in Atlantis and the cover has Namor flying towards the camera."

"Oh," I answered. "He's not wearing those little green Speedos, is he?"

Reed hung his head and nodded.

"I don't see how he gets away with walking around like that. You'd think the FCC or someone would fine him."

After letting out a long sigh, Reed said, "Well Professor, I certainly didn't mean to bother you with my problems. What can I do for you?"

"Thank you Reed. My dilemma is this. One of my X-Men, Storm, has been exhibiting extremely odd and atypical behavior. She actually attacked some of her teammates the other day. It has been suggested that she might actually be an alternate universe version of herself. Can you determine if the dimensional barrier has been pierced recently?"

"Of course, Professor Xavier. Just step into my lab."

Richards spent several moments fooling around with various gadgets and gizmos before stretching his head over to me.

"Well Professor, it looks like the dimensional barrier is firmly intact. Whatever is happening to Storm, it has nothing to do with any beings from other dimensions."

"I see."

"Perhaps she's hormonal."

"I think this goes beyond that, Reed."

"Well then, perhaps she has been possessed."

"Hmm. That is a possibility. I suppose my next to stop will be Dr. Strange then."

And with that, I had Cyclops drive me down to the Village. Hopefully the Doctor will be in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I was just going to say that maybe you should check with Dr. Strange. Maybe you could try DoC Sampson after that.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Is Dr Strange on 24 hour call?

Doc Savage, Man of Bronze is another possiblity.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Sorry I haven't commented or updated my blog, but I've been rather busy lately.
With a bit of help from Rachel Summers, I have been checking over the astral plane. Something is out of balance. I haven't physically been there before, but all psychics are connected to it. When I was there I could just sense something was wrong. I didn't see Shadow King, or any sing of him for that matter, I just got that weird feeling.
I didn't stay there for long because I didn't feel comfortable being alone. But, I think a couple of us should go investigate again. There is definitely something up, I just wish I knew what it was.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Dr. Strange has ruled out interference from other dimensional beings, but the astral plane is like a public area that most powerful telepaths on Earth can enter. In fact, though he is not a telepath, I've fought several battles against Magneto there. It is quite possible that some Earthly foe is working through that plane.

I would appreciate, Gaia, if you could take a team of telepaths and explore the plane for any clues while I continue my search here in the physical plane.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters