Sunday, October 30, 2005

Strange things are definitely afoot. Storm apparently went crazy the other day and attacked some of the mutants during Dazzler's party at the Palladium. Fortunately Gaia is on hand to investigate. I have sent some the X-Men to assist but several of the main team are off on a camping trip with Cable. Storm has been acting oddly lately. No one is sure what the cause of her strange behavior is, but clearly things are out of hand. Hopefully Gaia will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery.

As for myself, I have had a most outrageous and shocking experience today. Do you recall the mutant named Pyro? He was formerly with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. He also worked for the government briefly with the Freedom Force. He has the power to control flame, but not create flame.

Anyway, there has been a popular misperception that Pyro was once an X-Man, I suppose because that was his origin story in the X-Men 2 movie. Apparently Pyro has started a new punk music band called Smiling Baby Hitlers. Bizarre. The music magazine Rolling Stone called me a couple of weeks ago for a comment because, as I said, they thought he was once a student here.

After I explained to them that Pyro was one of the enemies that the X-Men fought on a regular basis to keep the people of the world safe, I told the reporter that I do not enjoy punk music and that even if I did, I seriously doubt I would ever listen to any group with as horrible and inappropriate a name as "Smiling Baby Hitlers." I mean, really. Can you imagine a name as totally offensive? It's simply a feeble attempt to get some media attention by being shocking, I explained.

I had thought that was that and promptly forgot about the interview until I was given an advance copy of the magazine today. The article quoted me as saying, "I . . listen to . . Smiling Baby Hitlers," and "I . . enjoy punk music . . and Smiling Baby Hitlers."

I was shocked. They took my comments completely out of context. Of course I would never listen to a band with that kind of name! I'm more than shocked, I'm outraged! How can someone claim to have any kind of journalistic integrity and then so totally misquote someone like that? I thought the fourth estate was suppose to have some sort of higher calling, some duty to the public to report the truth. I know it's just a music magazine, but my faith in the media is seriously shaken.

I just want you all to know, I would never listen to or enjoy a group with that kind of name.

6 Comments:

Blogger koyore said...

Maybe the brood has infested STORM?! You also at least send her some flowers for the nite you can not remember--gee you cannot hold your booze--brandy in the am?! Lush!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Jason, that is an interesting slant that I had not considered. The media does seem to take pleasure from twisting people's words, but this may just also be a result of my having reached a kind of celebrity status. Perhaps I will try to take it as a compliment.

And Noran, just because I might have the occasional morning drink to calm my nerves and deal with the tremendous stresses of the day, doesn't mean I'm a lush.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Wow. I can't believe they twisted your words like that. It's just another case of the conservative media creating a controversy to... wait... A Republican is in the White House. Excuse me, it's just another case of the liberal media creating a controversy instead of reporting the facts.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Cable said...

I'd make the writers resign and decide to work for Wal-Mart, but thats just peaceful me.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The Hitlers will probably be doing a world tour before long.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Storming Polland and France, perhaps? Oh Captain, you are too much.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters