Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"Say goodbye, Xavier!" snarled Mystique. "Shoot him on three!" she barked to Zartan and his Dreadnoks. "One . . two . . "

"Wait a moment, Mystique," I interrupted. "Don't I get a last request?"

She stared at me hard and then let a long sigh. "What is it you want?" she finally asked.

"I'd like to say goodbye to my X-Men. I could just make a quick . ."

"No!" she shouted. "One . . two . ."

"Wait!" I yelped. "I . . I'd like to say goodbye to my step-brother, Juggernaut. We have a lot of unresolved issues and . ."

"Forget it, Xavier! One . . two . ."

"No! Mystique . . there's something I never told you!"

"Stop wasting my time."

"But it's really important!" I pleaded.

"Fine. What?"

"I . . I'm your father."

"What? No you're not. My father was Vlad Darkholme."

"Oh, right. Sorry. I was thinking of someone else."

"Damn you, Xavier! Now you die. Everyone shoot him! One, two, thr-"

*SNNIKKTT!!*

A sharp metal on metal sound split the night. A sound like blades being unsheathed. A sound I knew well.

In a blur of blue and yellow, Wolverine's claws crashed through the Dreadnok's weapons. Before they knew what had hit them, their instruments of death lay shattered on the ground, cleaved by adamantium blades. Zartan, seeing Wolverine as the bigger threat, fired his gun at him. Logan ducked the first two shots and leaped at his prey. A third shot blasted through his shoulder but Wolverine ignored it. He smashed hard into Zartan, sending him flying unconscious into a brick wall.

"Oh, that's just great!" Mystique spat. "I'm finally about to kill an X-Man and you have to show up."

She threw her gun down in disgust and surrendered without a fight. Obviously she had been through this too many times to bother wasting her time in battle. I rolled up to her, a big grin on my face.

"You see I was just stalling you until the reinforcements I had telepathically summoned could arrive," I gloated.

"Good for you," Mystique replied, with undisguised loathing.

"Now then, why don't you tell me who hired you to discredit Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator?"

6 Comments:

Blogger captain koma said...

Wow!

You like totally followed the evil genius schools rules for delay there.

You even did the whole gloat at the dumb-ass who fell for it.

You should have been in Who wants to be a Super Villain.

11:03 PM  
Blogger supergirl said...

wow wolverine has uses.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

There could be a long list of people who wanted to discredit him!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Heh. Five bucks says Wolverine joins the Dreadnoks now.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

I'll take that bet

12:50 AM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Hey, leave Wolverine alone...he has cute knees...among a few other nice body parts. :D

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters