Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"Eric!" I shouted. "This won't help! You are just proving their fears right. Stop this fight!"

"I will be glad to stop Charles, once you and your X-wimps are dead!"

Raising his hand in the air, Magneto caused a large UPS truck to lift up into the air and hurtle towards me. Gaia gestured at the truck, warping its reality and changing it into a big puff of smoke. Unfortunately her defense of me left Gaia open to an attack by Jean.

A powerful blast of energy shot from Jean and slammed hard into Gaia's chest. She was knocked back into a parked Yugo, the car door crumpling under her weight. Jean then turned her attention towards Colossus.

Peter had gotten back to his feet and taken several swings at Sabertooth who had managed to duck each one. A powerful uppercut though finally connected with his chin and Sabertooth was sent flying back across Battery Park. Phoenix aimed her arms at Colossus and was about to fire upon him.

"Jean!" I called out telepathically. "What are doing? We are your friends!"

"You are a traitor!" she screamed back, her voice full of manic energy. "You would let the humans destroy us! Magneto is right, we must kill them all first!"

And with that she unleashed her full Phoenix Force in poor Peter. All that was left was a very deep smoking crater in the side walk. She then turned towards me. I reached out, trying to dominate her mind but her Phoenix defenses were just too strong. She was about to fire on me when Magdalena leapt high into the air behind her. Her sword sunk deep into Jean's side. A terrible howl filled the cold city air.

I turned back towards Magneto. He ripped several pieces of spiked metal fencing from the ground and aimed them at me. Just as they started to fly towards me, a bolt of lightening erupted from nowhere and blasted Eric. He was knocked flat on his back.

Turning to the source of the lightening, I saw Cyclops and Storm were still battling each other. I knew Master Mind was in the area. Searching with my mind, I found him hiding in the ABC News van. With a powerful psionic blast, I quickly rendered him unconscious. Cyclops and Storm did not stop fighting, however.

"Enough!" I shouted into their minds. With great reluctance, they broke off their combat.

As I turned back towards Magneto, I saw to my horror that Mystique had an arm around Dr. Rao's neck and a gun pointed to her forehead.

"Let us walk out of here Xavier or I will kill this witch!" she shouted.

Gentle I probed her mind, looking for a way through her mental defenses. Though Mystique is not a telepath, she does have a lot of training on how to thwart psionic attacks.

"Stop that!" she shouted. "If you try any of your mind tricks with me I will kill her!"

I could feel that she was about to pull the trigger. Gaia could turn her gun into water. I searched for her but was dismayed to find her still unconscious from Phoenix's attack. The situation seemed hopeless.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gaia said...

Oh, it's ooooon!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

You can get crazier?

11:31 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

I think that take much to crumple a parked Yugo, it would not.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The situation always does look hopeless at this stage; don't worry, something will turn up.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Polyman2 said...

Impressive.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She used the Phoenix force IN Peter??? So you're saying that Peter was fatally raped by the Phoenix force? Wow! That's sick! ;-)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Well when you put it that way it just seems wrong.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Brolly said...

Mutants ...... you will all kneel to me

10:44 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I am sure that will sting for a time

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters