Tuesday, January 03, 2006

As the hour approached for the four remaining teams in the Amazing Mutant Race 2 to depart, breakfast was served for everyone in the main eating hall. The players all sat together except for Emma Frost and Selene who took a table by themselves in the corner.

"I can't believe Master Yoda and I made it so far!" Lieutenant Commander Oneida said to the others at her table. "I mean, I'm in another galaxy! How cool is that?"

"Hey, I know what you're saying," Private Hudson responded. "I've been to other planets and all, but never other dimensions. This is like some kind of real cool Travelocity vacation package."

"Ahh, it's not that big a deal," Vegeta said. "I'm from another planet, too. I'm always battling weird monsters and stuff. This is just like every other weekend for me."

"Well I still things it's amazing," Oneida replied. Then she leaned in closer to the others. Nodding towards Emma and Selene, she continued in a hushed voice, "What about those two? There's something I don't trust about them."

The others turned and watched as Selene pushed her still full plate away from her.

"After that crap yesterday, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to eat again," she said to Emma.

"I can't tell you how interesting that is. Let's talk about something important, shall we Selene? We are in last place. I refuse to lose to this bunch of misfits. We have to use our talents to improve our odds."

"What did you have in mind?"

Emma sat in thought for a moment, then a smile slowly broke across her face. A very evil smile. Standing, she slinked over to the main table. The others had finished their food and were starting to break up.

"Jon, can I talk to you a moment?" Emma asked in her most innocent yet suggestive voice.

"Um, sure. What's up?"

"Privately?"

"Well, okay."

The two walked over to a corner and sat down. "So, what did you want to talk about?" Jon asked.

Emma leaned in close to him and started to twist one of her fingers around a lock of her platinum hair. "I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate having you around. You've been doing such a great job keeping it together. Especially with that partner you have."

"Hudson? Oh, he's okay. He got through that eating contest yesterday."

"You see, that's just what I mean. You really took charge of that, just like I had to do with Selene. We're two of a kind." Emma leaned towards Jon, her breasts almost touching his arm. The Intergalactic Gladiator couldn't help but take a quick glimpse down. She reached a hand out and placed it on his knee. "I was hoping we might be able to get to know one another better."

"Ms. Frost, are you trying to seduce me?"

Emma smiled coyly. Then she leaned in for a kiss. Jon backed away.

"Ms. Frost, I am a married man, and I take that quite seriously."

Pouting, Emma said, "But what happens in Genosha, stays in Genosha."

"Sorry, babe," he said as he stood up and headed back to the others. After a few steps, he turned back and asked with a smirk, "Do you want me to send Hudson over?"

Emma gave Jon the finger, to which he just laughed. Just then a bell sounded and everyone heard Gaia announce telepathically, "Please assemble at the departure point. The race is about to resume."

Everyone quickly headed for Freedom Center, the deluxe centerpiece of the still under construction city. Gaia and her fox, Fred, where there with the next clues. As the previous day's winners, Vegeta and Son Goku approached and read their instructions.

"Take an Air India flight to Kathmandu. Then travel by bus through the Himalayan mountains to Attilan."

Vegeta looked over at his partner. "That's in Tibet," Goku told him.

"Great," Vegeta said, slowly shaking his head.

"I saw a plane landing here yesterday. I think there's an airport."

Vegeta seemed rather unhappy. "I don't want to climb mountains!" he finally spat. "I want to fight things!" Goku just shrugged.

The two ran towards the airport. When they arrived, they were most unhappy to find that there was only one Air India flight to Kathmandu, and it wasn't leaving for four more hours. The other teams soon arrived and they all waited together in the lounge.

After a rather tense four hours, during which time Son Goku once again exceeded his capacity to hold liquor and had to be removed from the airport bar, the plane started boarding and everyone hurried to their seats.

The six hour flight seemed to take forever. When they finally landed, the players rushed off the plane. To everyone's surprise, the temperature was a very pleasant 62 degree Fahrenheit.

"Somehow I thought it would be colder," Jon told the bus driver as he and the rest of the racers piled in.

The driver smiled back at him. "We are located in a protected valley. It's like this most all year round."

Soon the rickety old bus was driving north towards the Himalayan mountain range. The long slow trek lasted for many hours. As the players eyed each other, their tensions grew. They climbed higher and higher and the air got colder and thinner. It was pitch black by the time the bus came to halt.

The players rushed out into the freezing night air. Gaia stood before them, dressed in a giant snow parka. Not far behind her were several high quality looking camping tents.

"This is a non-elimination round," she told the group. "Tomorrow morning, at preciously 7 Am, you can start your ascent to Attilan."

Looking up at the giant mountain looming over them, they could just make out a faint glow near the top. Grumbling, the tired and achy players all moved to the heated tents to try and get some rest before the arduous journey ahead of them.

13 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

wresetling I can do.
Death match Ha yes
Algerbra ? no way is Kakarot doing that. I may not like it but I can actually do it. and serously Keep him away from alcohol!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

I wonderif they have yak butter tea *wanders around to find out*

10:47 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

What is not to trust about me? The whole fact I am out to kidnap and brainwash people to worship me in a country I created, or the whole "works for an evil organization built solely for global domination" thing?

10:51 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Either one.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

How does Emma keep that outfit on? I mean wow.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

El Capitan is always worth a climb. I have some jet boots if anyone is interested.

I borrowed them off spock.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

What are they going to do at the top, I wonder.

Pictionary I think. Or Twister maybe. Yes, sense that makes.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hopefully it's Scrabble. I know all the tricks like Eating the Q and Coffeehousing.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Emma doesn't have to use much washing powder for that outfit.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

So does Selene get to stay since Emma decided to withdraw from the race? Which could be good or bad for those of us remaining, seeing that this really isn't our normal galaxy and sometime plane of existence.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Ahh, true, there is no greater force in any galaxy than marketing lawyer

7:25 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Sorry, Emma can't quit at this point. There are marketing deals, syndication rights - she's obligated to see this thing through.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

well, just be sure she doesn't throw the race

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters