Tuesday, December 27, 2005

As I sat back in my chair listening to my new Ipod and wondering whether or not to swap music files with Selene, the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, an organization bent on world domination, I marveled at how I was finally getting a moment's peace. That was, of course, an illusion quickly shattered.

The outer door to my office banged open and in flew Wolverine, followed closely behind by Colossus.

"What's up, Chuck?" Logan asked, quickly breaking into giggles at his own wit. He turned to Colossus, who merely shrugged in response. After a few hundred times, even the best of jokes gets stale. And that line hardly qualifies as "the best of jokes."

"What is it Logan?" I asked, removing my ear phones.

"Did you see that crappy finale of the Amazing Race a couple a weeks ago? It sucked! Family edition! What the hell were they thinkin'!"

"I have no idea. I also don't care. Now if there's nothing else, I have some very important work to get back to."

"No, no. I ain't even told you my idea yet."

I looked at Wolverine a good long time. He was obviously waiting for me to ask what his idea was. I could, of course, have just read the thought in his mind telepathically, but that would have taken an exertion, no matter how small, that I simply did not want to spend on this nonsense.

"And what is your idea, Logan?" I asked finally. He breathed a visible sigh of relief.

"Well I was thinkin', we had such an ass kickin' time with the last Amazing Mutant Race, we ought a do it again. But this time - bigger! Not just here at the school. And we could use people other than just X-Men. I was thinkin' maybe get a couple of the Brotherhood. Maybe that rube Vegeta and his side-kick Goku. Maybe Jon and his pal, Hudson. What do you think? We could do it all over the city. No wait - all over the country. No, no! All over the world!!"

"For this you disturbed me? Another Amazing Mutant Race? Didn't you get that out of your system last time?"

"Come on, Chuck! You got to hook me up! Me and Petey can do our Fast-Ball Special!"

I could see he wasn't going to leave until I agreed to his demands. One problem with Wolverine is that his Weapon X training gives him some immunity to my telepathy. Ah well. I wonder if anyone would actually want to participate in this contest? I suppose there's no reason for it to be limited to mutants. Maybe if no one enters, Wolverine will leave me alone about it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would enjoy seeing a mutant edition of the Amazing Race. The family edition was more than disapointing. I might even join in with my lesser counterpart Jean. That is, if all of you save me from Scott's insanity.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Hmmmmm a race huh? intriuging While I am in Hell right now I may participate, after That is over Haha! Kakarot will enjoy being called my sidekick. Is thi s a car race ? I hate kakarot's taste in music he likes Briteanny Spears and that crap. So i may have borrow the ipod. I may even let calling a prince a Rube comment go from Logan if this turns out to be interesting competition.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

I'd enter, but being a mere mortal with no special abilities, I'd be screwed. Maybe if I got to bring along some clones, that might help. Could I have a Jedi sidekick? That'd be fun.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

I'd enter, as long as I don't get stuck with someone stupid. Hey here's a thought why don't you send all the annoying X-Men on this trip, so you get a break?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

I'm Not Vegeta's side kick!!!!!he's just the only one of my race left. and my good friend.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Ooh! Ooh! Partner me up! Partner me up!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Wanna know my special mutant powers?

ALl the ladies melt at the H-Man's feet. Oh yeah, game over.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What if I asked Q to enter? Do you think he might have a chance?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Cardboard Knight said...

I wanna race!!!! I can waddle faster than any human!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

I left you a psy-voicemail about this, but I think I visualized a "3" instead of a "1" when I was prompted to leave the message. Anyway, the race could be very intersting....maybe turn it into a "Survival of the Fittest"

7:42 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I think this is shaping up to be a real contest after all. Letting Q in though would really not be fair. Perhaps Data would be more fair.

8:08 PM  
Blogger R.A. Slater said...

Sounds like fun.

as soon as I get myself untied, that is.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters