Monday, December 26, 2005

Well it turns out my students were not quite as thoughtless as they had at first seemed. I realize it may be shallow of me, but the Old Navy sweater they had gotten me, which didn't even fit by the way, was a little disappointing. Waiting on my pillow though, when I got upstairs, was a brand new 60 gigabyte Apple Ipod. The one that plays videos. I was rather pleasantly surprised.

Of course this meant that I had to spend most of my day organizing the .mp3 files on my computer. They were quite a mess. The hardest part, I found, was trying to figure out what categories the artists are suppose to belong to. I know that Rick James is the Godfather of Soul but Superfreak sounds more like Funk to me.

Is there a difference between Soul and R&B? Are the Temptations included in one of those categories or some place else?

And where do you put Blondie? She's sort of Punk/Pop/Disco/New Wave. In the end, I settled on New Wave. I think of Punk as being just a little edgier.

Ah well. At least it's easier than battling Magneto.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! you fell for it Chuck!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

That was very nice of them. Oddly enough, the Enya CD was in the R&B/Rock section of Best Buy.
Now all you need are comfortable headphones. And a magnifying glass to watch videos.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You haven't put them all on EBay have you?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I like my iPod, it drowns out the voices in my head.

Er, I mean, it plays nice music. Yeah, that's it...

9:06 AM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

That story just warms the merc's heart all up. Plan on putting any shows on the ipod Prof.?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

You know...I've been throwing around the idea of opening a Disco in Nova Roma to attract some new faces....maybe I could come over and browse around your music files?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters