Thursday, December 08, 2005

Scott and I certainly went to one hell of a Christmas party yesterday. I just wish I could remember more of it. Captain Picard was serving something called Romulan Ale. My question is, who the heck are the Romulans and how did they get their booze blue?

As I sat in the doorway of my office amidst the seemingly infinite empty void beyond, I couldn't help but look over at Scott as he slowly staggered to his feet. The blue lipstick smeared on his face looked kind of like clown makeup. I was about to make some disparaging remark to him when I noticed that the void started to give way to solid objects.

Slowly the familiar setting of my school's main hall started to materialize. Things weren't quite right, though. Rather than the welcoming wood paneling I was use to, the walls seemed to be constructed of a cold metallic substance. Instead of the warm well lit environment I had carefully designed, the hall had harsh bare light and eerie dark shadows. Then I started to hear an odd clomping sound, getting louder and louder.

I could make out the shape of three figures, all becoming more solid along with the school. In front was Kitty Pryde. She had her pet dragon, Lockheed, with her. Behind her were Bobby "Iceman" Drake and Warren "Angel" Worthington. All three of them had dark leather outfits and tall knee-high boots. Angel even had his wings dyed black.

They looked like evil mirror universe versions of themselves. Could there have been some kind of malfunction with the Enterprise's transporter, perhaps coupled with Dr. Doom's time travel platform?

"I don't know how you came back from the dead, Xavier," Kitty said with a sinister tone. "And I don't really care." And with that the three X-Men all raised rather powerful looking rifles at me. "When I kill someone, I mean for them to stay dead. I'm in charge of the X-Men now and no one, not even you, will take that from me."

I was stunned. My three students cocked their rifles and aimed them at my head.

Just then, the front wall exploded inwards. Kitty and the others were knocked to the ground. Emma Frost, Wolverine and Mystique came charging through the large smoking hole in the wall. Wolverine collapsed on top of me, wrapping his arms tightly around my neck.

"Oh golly, Professor!" he wailed tearfully. "I'm so glad to see you alive! We had thought the worse!"

"There will be time for tears of joy later, Logan," said Emma. "We must get the Professor out of here! Mystique, can you help?"

"Of course, my dear friend," Mystique said to Emma as she proceeded to wheel me towards the newly created entrance. Scott stumbled after us in confusion.

Just then Kitty recovered herself and grabbed her rifle. Before I could react she started firing. Fortunately Emma was able to turn to her diamond form in time. The energy blasts ricocheted off her reflective body and by an amazing coincidence, slammed into Iceman. He vaporized in a puff of smoke. Wolverine let out a terrific squeal of horror, distracting Kitty as the rest of us made or escape.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ciera said...

Hmm...the mirror universe of X-men. The thought intrigues me.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You can ever trust a transporter accident.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Oh man, game over!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Now I know the Peril of travel beteem Universes I will have to be careful

7:27 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

This mirror universe is rather distressing. No sign of this realty's Jean yet. If she's the opposite of our Jean, well it's a little hard to tell what that would mean. Our Jean can be a little . . conflicted.

What with Jean in the White Hot Room with so many Phoenix's and Gaia encountering mutlipe Emmas, there does seem to be some serious problem with the space-time continuum. I hope it's nothing serious.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters