Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I was planning to contact Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four today to ask him to look into this Storm matter. Her behavior has come to a crisis point with actually attacking other X-Men following a party at Dazzler's nightclub the other day. Fortunately Gaia arrived on the scene and was able to offer some assistance. Storm has always been strong willed but her recent actions have gone to the proverbial new level. It has been suggested that she may have been possessed or replaced. This is what I was hoping Mr. Fantastic might be able to determine. Unfortunately, my plans were disrupted.

As I was preparing to leave the school, a swarm of people descended upon the front gate. This small army consisted of a number of people in sharp business suits, some in work clothes and some wearing casual outfits. There was a veritable rainbow of human skin tones, all arranged in a most photogenic way. At first I feared that Jesse Jackson had returned. No such luck.

I don't know how many of you are aware of New York City politics, but this election season the office of the Mayor is up for grabs. The current Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, the self-made billionaire, has been running a fierce, non-stop, around the clock and over the top media blitz, all to remind everyone in the tri-state area who may not be aware that he is a candidate. It was his army that launched an invasion upon my school.

Now, even though the Xavier Institute is in Westchester County and therefore not a part of New York City, we are rather near the Big Apple and we often get drawn into its environs. I tried to scan the minds of the hoards amassing outside my gates but the people were just so frenzied and harried that I had a hard time making heads or tails of what they were doing there.

As the camera crew, lighting people, make-up staff, wardrobe workers and the dozens of others that make up Bloomberg's entourage finished setting-up in front of the school, I moved in for a closer look. A director said "action" and Bloomberg started talking.

"Here in New York we have some of the best schools in the state. Education has been a principle focus of my administration and I am very proud of the turn around in our schools. Next Tuesday, please vote for me so that I can continue to make our schools even better."

And as quickly as they had setup, the army of handlers and press and what-not broke camp and cleared out. It was like some summer storm suddenly appearing in the midst of an otherwise clear sunny day, drenching everyone and then dissipating with alacrity.

No one asked for my permission, I never provided a property release, we aren't in Mayor Bloomberg's jurisdiction and I don't even have a public school! Can all politicians misrepresent reality so blatantly? They are as bad as the press!

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

You could blast the press,like I do when they bother me . Or you you could make that politician start telling evrey one what he does with his interns. just a thought.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

You should have crushed his brain with your magic brain power, or taken your shirt off and attacked/mated him (my preferred means of communication)

He looks like a fool

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It might not have been the right thing to send Wolverine out to sort the situation.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You know, if Magneto had taken over the world like he planned, you wouldn't be subjected to this. I'm just sayin'.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point. Maybe Magneto should run for Mayor....... It's so crazy, it might just work.
Vote Magneto for Mayor 2005
The UN Is His B-tch
Criminals Will Mysteriously Disappear
This Time, Why Not Evil?

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters