Saturday, September 02, 2006

I sat in my study trying to track down what had happened to Maggie after the final battle. Gaia was up and about now, seemingly perfectly healthy except for the fact that she remembered none of the events of the last couple of weeks. Her powers also seemed to return to their pre-crisis level. I suspect that she was sub-consciously dampening her powers as she had locked away her memories of the recent events. A knock disturbed my thoughts.

"What's up, Chuck?" Wolverine asked with that annoying chuckle he always does when he says that lame joke.

"What is it, Logan? I'm a little busy."

"Look, I don't usually get involved in this stuff, but I figure there's somethin' I got to tell ya."

"Oh, what's that?"

"It's about Maggie. You better sit down."

"Ha, ha. Please get to the point, Logan."

"While you were off planet Maggie slept with Henchman."

" . . . "

"I said while-"

"LIAR!!" Before I could stop myself I let loose with a tremendous psionic blast that sent Wolverine flying across the room. He was on his knees tying to shake off the pain. A trickle of blood dripped from his left nostril.

He staggered to his feet, wincing with the effort. Through clenched teeth he said, "I'll let you have that one, Chuck. One. Henchman has her now. She's been in some kind of coma since the battle. They're in the city."

I could barely hear what Logan was saying. This couldn't possibly be true! My Maggie . . the woman who I love . . she would never do that to me! But, for all his other faults, Logan is not a liar. And the things I saw in Gaia's subconscious vault . . it does make sense. But . .

There must be some explanation. She must have been possessed. Perhaps Henchman used some kind of drugs on her. Yes, that's it. Henchman is just a foul, evil wanna-be super-villain. He used Maggie somehow. My solution is obvious.

I reached out with my mind, covering New York City until I found Henchman. I instructed him to bring Maggie's comatose body here to the school where we could care for her.

Perfect.

6 Comments:

Blogger concerned citizen said...

It is like a soap opera!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Yeah, and she'll wake up from her coma and not remember anything, or maybe she'll remember that she killed her twin sister, or maybe it'll be evil Maggie, or maybe she'll wake up and be pagan Maggie. Oohhh the possibilites are endless.

I feel for you Professor. If you need someone to take you out for a drink, let me know

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Ah it never would've worked out, Proffesor. You're a powerful telepath and headmaster to a school full of mutants, she's a mercenary for the Vatican. Two different worlds, man.

11:54 PM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

"It is like a soap opera!"

I agree.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Now, I hope things aren't going to get out of hand.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Jeez Chuck! ya try to do a guy a favor

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters