Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Our situation looked rather dire, what with the three giant battle-cruisers rushing down on our two small damaged craft. I could see their forward cannons charging up. Then Magdalena's pilot, McBane, started a suicidal run at the menacing ships. We all watched anxiously as he darted his small fighter between the 3 behmoths, narrowly avoiding hot laser death. He jetisoned all his fuel between the cruisers and sailed off on pure inertia. Hudson fired a blast straight into his fuel, igniting it. The giant explosion triggered a chain-reaction and all 3 cruisers erupted in firey death. Jon quickly sped toward's McBane's fighter and caught it with a tractor beam. We then approached the remaining mother-ship and boarded.

Brood were waiting for us, along with several Sentinel C-class, the 8 foot ones. Maggie and the X-Men launched into them. The battle was ferocious but the enemies soon fell to our onslaught. The thing that I found perhaps most surprising about the fight is that Maggie fought almost as viciously as Wolverine. For such a pretty young girl, she is certainly a fearless fighter.

As we moved through the ship, deck by deck, overcoming all opposition, I realized that the same psyhic dampening field that was at the Weapon X facility was present here too. We finally managed to reach the command center, a large open chamber with various control stations.

There, in the over-sized captain's chair, surrounded by four Mr. Sinisters, sat Thanos, the Titan. Two Brood Queens stood near him, as did Bastion, the origional Master Mold, creator of the Sentinels.

"Ahh," the Titan growled, "Xavier. You and your pathetic little band have traveled quite a long road to reach here. What a pity it's all for naught. Now you face your true enemy and now you shall die."

"Thanos!" I shouted in surprise. "You are behind all this? But why?!"

"You could never understand what motivates a god. But since these are your last moments, I will tell you this. The massive devestation that shall spread over the Earth from the war between the Brood/Sentinels and her defenders will be a fitting tribute for my mistress, the lady Death. Then, finally, she shall embrace me."

Thanos closed his eyes, titlted his head back and hugged himself in a most disturbing way. The others looked at me nervously, a little uncertain about what to do next. Thanos has beaten the Avengers, and is said to be immortal. I could not reach his mind.

"And now, it's time to die!" he shouted as he raised his hands at us, bolts of pure Cosmic Power shooting straight at us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Son Goku said...

Thanos? Aw man!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Ha!

Thanos owes me a crate of beer!

We had a long standing bet that I would outlive him!

I win!

Oh. Hang on. How do I get my beer?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I have a feeling this is going to hurt

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

bolts of pure Cosmic Power shooting straight at us

Duck? Run? Perhaps duck then run. Or maybe ask him if wants a hug, it's possible he's just misunderstood, though that's highly unlikely.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Pathetic? You won't be callin' me pathetic when I get repetitive stress disorder in my foot from kicking your butt accross the solar system.

Uh, a Sonic Stun blast will hurt him, right?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Somehow, I don't think so.

And hugging is out of the question. That guy has got some serious breath issues. You shouldn't get within 10 feet of him.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Clash of the Titans! Whoo!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters