Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Jon flew his spaceship like a maestro. The Danger Sled wove a sleek path through the on-coming rush of enemy fighters. Deadly energy blasts flew past the hull, missing us by mere inches. Hudson sat in the gunner's chair and spat hot death at our assailants. Ships exploded in black fiery clouds all around us. But more assault crafts were launching from the mother ship in front of us. Our whole ship was rocked by a ray beam slamming into the undercarriage of the Sled. Everyone was tossed back and forth.



"Any more like that and we are toast, man!" Hudson cried.

"Just keep shooting!" Jon yelled back.

Gaia turned to me. "Professor, I am scanning those ships and they are flown by Brood pilots."

"That doesn't seem possible. The Brood aren't technically advanced enough too - wait, I am sensing something to - yes . . they all have Sentinel implants! There is a whole army of hybrids! Quick Gaia, can you disable their electronic components?"

"I-I don't know, Professor. There are so many of them." Her voice quavered with uncertainty. Another blast smashed into the hull. Sparks and smoke flew from the computer systems.

"We're venting plasma!" Hudson wailed.

"Just keep firing the damn guns!" bellowed Jon.

Five ships closed in on us. Gaia closed her eyes and tried to ignore the screaming emergency siren and shaking ship. One of the attackers suddenly started to veer off course, but the others were bearing down on us, spitting brilliant laser fire.

Just when it looked like we were about to die, two of the ships blew up in quick succession. A signal came through the ship's radio. "This is the Black Plague to Friendly Vessel. Need some help with those hostiles?"

I reached out telepathically and felt Magdalena. "Maggie, you should be back at the mansion recovering from your injuries! What on Earth are you doing here?"

"Saving your butt, of course!"

Two more ships exploded in flames. Gaia managed to disable several more of the hybrid pilots. Without their cybernetics implants, the Brood had no idea how to fly. When we had managed to finish off most of the attack craft, we moved in on the mothership. As we closed in, three more motherships appeared from around the farside of Jupiter. The giant crafts were headed straight for us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Captain Berk said...

It's times like this that you need Starfleets finest to wade in all shirtless and fired up.

i.e me

5:52 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Oh man, game over.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I am flying with you when return let hudson and McBane fly together since they know each other so well :P

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

*blink blink* Wow, I think my job has gotten a lot harder while I've been away.

And I think you should take Cpt. Berk up on his offer. He'd make an excellent deco.. I mean wingman.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's at times like this you must wish you were back in Westchester.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey, how come everytime I read your profile, I feel like I lose 5 minutes of my life? It's like I fall asleep or something.

Wait, I think it happened again.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Don't worry! I gots my pea-shooter!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters