Monday, December 19, 2005

One of the problems with living with a large group of people, or working with a large group for that matter, is that there is always someone with a birthday or anniversary or graduation or something equally personal and irrelevant to everyone else, coming up. This means that there are those do-gooders out there who insist on commemorating these events, primarily by taking up a collection for the purposes of buying a "group" gift.

Why these people insist on taking up these unwanted and irritating causes I have no clue. Actually, I think I know exactly why they do it. This way they get to pick out the gift, present it to whoever and get the lionshare of the credit. Today I got hit up for no less than three different "voluntary" contributions: a get well card for Scott (he had his head shaved by Son Goku), a cake for Iceman (it was his anniversary for joining the X-Men) and a one month supply of Slim Fast for Beast (who is marking one month sugar free).

The parade of people marching into my office with their hands out-stretched seemed unending. I want to tell them where they can go put that hand, but then I'm the bad guy. Sigh. There's no winning.

And to make things worse I was running late for a rather important engagement. Tonight is the world premiere of Deadpool's new television show. He promises for it to be quite the show. I had been thinking about asking Emma Frost to go, since being next to her would insure me a picture in the paper. But instead I decided to ask Gaia. With her reality warping powers, I figured she could always get us out of there in case things get boring. Or crazy. Yes, more likely crazy.


9 Comments:

Blogger Gaia said...

I'm going to try and ignore the fact you don't think I'm pretty enough to get a picture in the paper, and enjoy myself at this premier.
This should promise to be fun. I've been to loads of parties but never to a Holly Wood red-carpet gala.

I don't think I left anyone to look after Fred...

10:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

It's nothing to do with your looks, or even Emma's, but rather the, um, eye-popping outfits she wears. And I'm sure Fred is mature to take care of himself. I just hope I remembered the lock the liquor cabinet.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Deadpool has a show?

The Fox network will do anything, won't they?

5:35 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I dread to think what that 'pool fellow will come up with.

Presumably it will be called "i'm a mercenary! Get me out of here!"

It will feature lots of d-list celebrities hunting each other in the jungle.

We can only pray..

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It must be tricky having to keep going to the card shop every time there is a birthday or anniversary. Do they have mutant cards?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

I don't know, Gaia, I think yoy make him buy you a card or something to make up for that comment.
Even if a girl is your second choice, Professor, never ever let her know. Because if you do, you will never ever live it down. You could buy her a dress that would get her photo taken.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That is a good point Lt. Cmd. I think I have dug myself in too deep for mere words to allow recovery. I'll have to see what I can do to make up for my faux pas.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I never...

As I am above your invitation, Charles, I will be attending with Mr. Summers and that insolent creature, Jean Grey.

After the showing, I plant to take yet another leave of absence. I think I shall ask Jean and Betsy to join me on my vacation. Perhaps we will get around to having that Bachelorette party for Jean, though she is already married, I doubt she will mind. I'm thinking... The Carribean.

And I would like to mention that my outfits at current are not that revealing as I no longer wear corsets in front of the students. Merely variations of a sort. I am a tad more conservative than that of my early days, dear. Honestly, the nerve of some people, over-exaggerating my clothes...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

How can the Beast manage without sugar?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters